Etsy is an online shopping website that focuses on handmade or vintage items as well as art and craft supplies. These items cover a wide range including art, photography, clothing, jewelry, food, bath and beauty products, quilts, knick-knacks, and toys. We are in love with the different African inspired pieces sold on the website; we appreciate them not only for their beauty but, for their quality. These crafters and artist take time to carefully make these pieces so; here are some on the top of our wish list. Explore Etsy.com for more items.
- Seiwa Akota– A Montreal-based Handmade Fashion Accessories line inspired by African Culture & Symbolism and style. The line focuses on statement pieces that exude a subtle confidence while reinforcing natural beauty across cultures.
- Chilli Peppa– A UK based handmade stationary line.
- Chez Boheme– Based in Shelburne, Vermont, Chez Boheme is a home decor boutique brimming with unusual antiques, vivid hand-painted furniture, stunning lighting, ethnic textiles, exotic rugs and lots of art. Known for its joyful aesthetic, the impact is derived from a liberal dose of saturated colors, unorthodox blends of style and genre, fanciful upcycling choices and a keen sense of unlimited possibilities!
- Pop Goes The Color– Vibrant Switchplates with a POP OF COLOR.
- Origins by Nasozi– Modern African wax print and batik pillows, curtains, and home decor accessories. Conceived of and realised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn we specialize in blending elements of African-inspired textile design with authentic Brooklyn flare.